Frequently Asked Questions
I registered but did not receive the confirmation email.
Moodle automatically generates an email and sends it to the address you inputted upon registration. If you did not receive an email there are two possible reasons.
1. The email was sent to your spam folder. Please check this folder for the email.
2. Your email address was incorrectly typed (typos) into the registration portal. Please create another account and make sure you correctly spell your email address, and are checking the email of that account.
I cannot remember my password.
- Follow instructions to reset your password in the login page.
The section is not marking complete / I am not receiving a checkmark.
- The website has no issues with sections not being marked complete when they should.
- If a section is not being marked complete it is because you have not completed the section. (Note, in 100% of cases, this is the issue even with users who insist they have completed all slides).
- Because this is a certificate baring course, we cannot mark a section complete for any user. You must return to the section and take it in full.
My certificate does not have the name I want to be listed.
The name you register with is the name that will be on your certificate. Please make sure the name you input in your profile upon registration is the name you want to be printed.
How can I create account?
Registration is free and openly available. Please go to http://www.buildingabetterresponse.org/login/signup.php? to create your free account.
How much bandwidth does the course require?
- The course is designed to play on very limited bandwidth, about 1-2 MB of data used per section is necessary.
- For connection speeds under 56 kbps, expect very long load times.
- If you are experiencing a long load time and have connection under 56 kbps you will need to find an alternative connection to take the course.
How long does the course take to complete?
- While the times vary quite widely depending on the individual, each section takes an average 20-45 minutes, with the exception of the introduction sections, which are shorter.
Why is my page not loading? Why is there a blank page / slide? Why can't I download my certificate?
- See bandwidth issue above.
- Try using a different browser.
- You may have a pop-up blocker installed. You will need to disable it to view the module. Please read the instructions here: How to disable pop-up blockers. After you have disabled the pop-up blocker, press the Enter button again to begin the module.
- For the original Building a Better Response Course 1-5 (2015 version) and the French 1-5 Course, you need to have Adobe Flash installed.
- You may not have the Adobe Flash plugin installed or activated. This material works best with the latest version of Adobe Flash. To update your Flash player, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. After you have installed and activate Adobe Flash, restart your browser and log back into the website, and re-launch the unit.